mesmerized with this mystical semi-human semi-snake figure since childhood; "shah"; the persian title for a monarch - "mar"; snake in persian & kurdish and "mar-an" for snakes in plural. she is not only the queen of all serpents, but also an anatolian goddess of wisdom and guardian of the secrets, out-smarting her enemies with her incredible wit & wisdom in all the tales told about her. when she dies, it is said that her eternal spirit will pass on to her daughter. perhaps a strong nod to all those secrets we learn from our mothers?! her tales are still told and retold, from middle east to India with different variations, however we feel lucky to have grown up with her enchanting image through the folklore of the kurdish people in eastern turkey.
- each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed
- 100% silk, crepe de chine
- measuring 40 cms by 40 cms
- the edges are hand-rolled
- to be delivered in its own 100% organic cotton pouch with “rumisu”s bird logo hand-embroidered on it
- illustrated by deniz yegin ikiisik
- product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.